Mundare is located 45 minutes east of Edmonton on Highway 16. This charming little community was first settled around the turn of the century and grew quickly after the Canadian Northern Railway came through in 1905.
Mundare offers many attractions within walking distance of the Basilian Fathers Museum. Upon request, free of charge, museum staff can help you arrange your day in Mundare.
• Tour Stawnichy's famous meat processing plant
• See the world's largest sausage
• Visit the Chicken Coop, which is known for its great selection of quilting materials
Mundare offers dining delights for every taste:
• Lotus Gardens Restaurant (780.764.3050)
• M&M's Kozy Kitchen (780.764.2227)
For a quick, take-out snack try:
• Mundare Bakery and Groceteria (780.764.3988)
• Stawnichy's Meat Processing (780.764.3912)
If you prefer a picnic, Ukraina Park is the place to go.
Tour groups can enjoy catered meals at the Mundare Senior Citizen Centre or the National Hall. Advance booking is required. Museum staff would be happy to help you make your catering reservations. (There is no charge for this service.)
You may decide to stay overnight in this quiet town. Ukraina Park offers a well-serviced campground. For more information contact 780.764.3929.